|View from Norths Lookout, Katoomba|
Returning to the town centre through Catalina Park (Walford Park) we saw what remains of the Catalina Racing Circuit (below left), which closed in the 1990s. It has a disturbing history, as in 1957 "the traditional owners were forcibly removed from the Gully to make way for a racetrack". This site, known as 'The Gully' was declared an official Aboriginal Place in 2002.
Enlarged photos of the sign the walkers are reading
Our thanks, as always, go to our walk leaders.